Project Coordinator (f/m/x) for Transnational Journalistic Project
- 100% employment (40 hours/week)
- starting as soon as possible
- limited contract until 31.12.2024
- location: Kyiv
- application deadline: 11.01.2023
Starting from 01.01.2023, n-ost implements the new project European Ukraine Desk (EUD). The overarching goal of EUD is to foster exchange and collaboration between media in Ukraine, and France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Serbia in order to counter disinformation and strengthen mutual understanding among media professionals.
To reach this goal, the following activities will be implemented:
- newsletter programme, to inform on media discourses from within and regarding Ukraine, informing Ukrainian media professionals on the media discourses in the project countries, and vice versa
- fellowship programme, to bring together media professionals from the above-mentioned countries. The fellowship program consists of study trips and a subgrant program
- media hub activities in Kyiv, to give opportunities for international and national media professionals in Ukraine to connect/network, mutually support and jointly gain new expertise (e.g. networking events, workshops, panel discussions)
The project is funded by the European Commission.
- As project coordinator of EUD you are, together with the project manager, one of the key actors to make the implementation a success.
- You have a great ability to facilitate border-crossing collaborations and an eye for journalistic details. You co-develop and -implement a strategy for the above-mentioned activities.
- You co-coordinate the fellowship, including the selection of fellows, and the organisation of study trips
- You are eager to conceptualise and organise media hub events in Kyiv for media professionals
- You are based in Kyiv and available for business trips of up to 3 weeks to the project countries.
further tasks at a glance:
- overall coordination of the newsletter
- weekly contributions to the newsletter and pro-active distribution of the newsletter in Ukraine
- active promotion of the project and the newsletter at relevant events and in appropriate networks
- creative, advisory participation in the development of supported publications within the subgrant program
- Contact person for media professionals
- strong knowledge of Ukrainian media landscape, reliable network that may be used for the benefit of the project
- hands-on and can-do attitude
- experienced in project coordination, event management
- Good understanding of cross-border collaborative journalism and a high motivation to put this methods into practice in your daily work
- very good communication and intercultural skills, willingness to work closely in a team with other journalists and project managers
- Networking mindset, enthusiasm for bringing journalists together
- Ukrainian language on mother tongue level, strong proficiency in English
- available for business trips to all project countries
- willingness to commit to a long-term project within an international project team
- 100% contract, 40 hours/week (full employment or honorary contract, tbd), timely limited until 31.12.2024, extension is desired
- competitive remuneration
- cooperation in an international team
- opportunity to shape a long-term and well-budgeted project
- professional growth and exchange in various fields
- work on a highly relevant and current topic with a chance of tangible impact
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, age, and sexual orientation and identity. We are also aware that no resume is perfect, so we do not require applicants to meet all of the above criteria.
n-ost is a European network of journalists specialising in cross-border cooperation. The focus of our work is (Eastern) Europe, South Caucasus and Central Asia. As a media NGO, n-ost implements projects that aim at networking and supporting media professionals, promoting quality journalism and strengthening media literacy.
Matthias Jochmann is looking forward to your applications by Wednesday, 11.01.2023. Please send a cover letter including your salary expectations and the earliest starting date, and your CV combined as ONE PDF of max. 2 MB using this form until Wednesday, 11.01.2023.
Please name the PDF as follows: EUD-PC_(your name)
If you have any questions, please contact Matthias Jochmann via email@example.com. Please note, the n-ost team is on holidays 24.12.2022 – 02.01.2023.
Interviews are expected to take place between 18.01. – 27.01.2023.