Editor/ Project Manager (f/m/x) for a journalistic project in Ukraine
50-75% working time | starting date: 1 July 22 | limited until 31 December 22 | extension intended |apply by 20 June 2022
The European journalist network n-ost is looking for a new colleague to implement a project in Ukraine. In close cooperation with the staff of our Berlin office as well as with our two Ukrainian partner organizations, you will contribute to supporting Ukrainian media in their fight against disinformation and in providing reliable, high-quality local/regional information.
The place of work is Ukraine, preferably (but not mandatory) Lviv or Kyiv. The availability for live meetings in Berlin at regular intervals is required.
- Communication and cooperation with media in Ukraine and potentially Europe
- Conceptualization, planning and organization of three journalistic workshops in Lviv
- Support in development of and fundraising for a follow-up project
- Administrative support of the project including financial management and reporting
- Quality assurance/ editing of publications produced within the project
YOUR IDEAL PROFILE
- Journalistic background
- Experience in copy-editing
- Familiarity with the Ukrainian media landscape
- Experience in the implementation of international projects
- Experience in international networking
- Language skills: fluent Ukrainian and English mandatory; German is an asset
- An exciting, journalistic and media-political working environment in a media network/NGO
- cooperation in an international team
- the opportunity to help shape a project
- the opportunity to work with a great scope of personal responsibilities
- employment with appropriate remuneration.
n-ost is a European media network specializing in cross-border cooperation. The focus of our work is on Eastern Europe, the South Caucasus and Central Asia. As a media NGO, n-ost implements projects that serve to network and support media professionals, promote quality journalism and strengthen media literacy. In times without Corona, around 20 staff members work at our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
If you have any questions, please contact Anneke Hudalla: email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application (CV and motivation letter) including your earliest starting date by 12 June 2022 via this application form. Interviews will be held online, probably on 20 and 21 June 2022.